Welcome to Whittier, North Carolina!
Serving Cherokee, Bryson City, and Sylva.
Come on in and spend your vacation with us! Old fashioned family camping. We welcome groups, family reunions, church groups, and Good Sam groups.
Family Camping with 120 shady sites on 10 acres.
- Near the Great Smoky Mountains National Park 7 miles.
- Harrah’s Casino 1.5 miles
- Smoky Mountain Railroad, Lake Fontana, Nantahala Gorge, Deep Creek and Bryson City 10 minutes
- Santa’s Land, Shopping,Restaurants and Cherokee Indian Reservation 5 minutes.
- Trout fishing, tubing /rafting 1/3 mile to the river
- Sequoia golf course across the street and Smoky Mountain Golf Course 5 minutes
Welcome to Fort Wilderness Campground and RV Park! Located next to Cherokee, North Carolina, our family-friendly facilities include 120 sites on ten acres in the Great Smoky Mountains. Convenient to U.S. 441, and Shoal Creek Road in a quiet and safe residential neighborhood, you’ll find friendship and solitude, with plenty of facilities and amenities to make your Cherokee vacation a memorable one! Our sites are nicely shaded and well away from the bustle of Cherokee, yet close enough to enjoy the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, trophy fishing, shopping and dining, Harrah’s Cherokee Casino, Bryson City Smoky Mountain Railroad and many more activities and attractions.
RV & CAMP SITES
Fort Wilderness RV Park and Campground at Cherokee, North Carolina with 120 total spaces accommodating RV’s, tents, Cabin Rentals, and groups.